Nautilus Recordz
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Le forum du label sous marin. NAUTILUS RECORDZ. antipode, astronote, second hand dealers, spinna colada, blue album, nemo, touché coulé

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Fable ...
Voir le deal

Rhymefest news

2 participants
AuteurMessage
nemo
Capitaine

Rhymefest news Empty
MessageSujet: Rhymefest news   Rhymefest news EmptyMar 24 Mai - 17:43

Rhymefest news Rhymefest-astarisborn

le protégé de Mark Ronson sort un petit mix cd avant son premier album(enfin) après qu'il est co ecrit jesus walk de Kanye et de nombreux feat notamment avec ODB sur osiris. Il est super fort et je suis bien curieux d'écouter ça.

Rhymefest is the sole signee to Mark Ronson’s Allido records, and Mark also plays Mr. DJ for him on this twenty track mix cd. With . Rhymefest has been building his name with writing credist on Kanye’s “Jesus Walks” (among others) and Scribble Jam titles, and gets his first solo shine here. Production and lyrics are a step above the average buzz cd, featuring the OG version of “Jesus Walks,” fictional battles between some of hip hop biggest rivals (with Fest doing all the voices) and guest spots from Kanye, Twista, Dirt Mcgirt, D’Angelo and Scarface. This guy may actually bring back punch line style rap with lines like “kids used to call me white, just because I could read!”

Dernière édition par le Lun 10 Avr - 15:47, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://lescarnetsducaptainnemo.blogspot.com
nemo
Capitaine

Rhymefest news Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Rhymefest news   Rhymefest news EmptyLun 30 Mai - 18:33

Ecoutez vraiment ce mec, ça vaut le coup!
Ruffex
loup de mer
Ruffex

Rhymefest news Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Rhymefest news   Rhymefest news EmptyLun 30 Mai - 19:11

nemo a écrit:
Ecoutez vraiment ce mec, ça vaut le coup!

On va écouter ça cap'taine.
nemo
Capitaine

Rhymefest news Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Rhymefest news   Rhymefest news EmptySam 5 Nov - 16:58

Ever since he co-wrote the Grammy Award-winning "Jesus Walks," it's evident Rhymefest is one intellectual cat who is not afraid to speak his mind. This obviously makes him the perfect candidate for SOHH Whatchusayin'. Although the Chi-Town emcee was working hard in the studio, he took some time out for SOHH.com to sound off on a bunch of wild quotes.

In this SOHH.com exclusive, the Blue Collar emcee talks about a variety of things including how Jay-Z is Hip-Hop's Yoda, Juelz Santana's hipness and of course, orgys (I mean Orgyisms). You can also learn what really kills black babies.

SOHH.com: Rhymefest, here is the first of many wild quotes I'm going to ask you to comment on today. Former Education Secretary William Bennett recently said on his talk show, "But I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could. If that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country and your crime rate would go down. That would be an impossibly ridiculous and morally reprehensible thing to do, but your crime rate would go down."

Rhymefest: Wow ... did he really say that? Oh yeah, you can make my abortion response simpler. You ain't got to abort every black baby. You can kill them by listening to Hot 97. They'll be dead in a matter of hours. All you got to do is put on BET in conjunction with all your favorite commercial radio stations. That'll kill them. Look, they're dying already.

SOHH.com: (Laughing) Wow ... Well, New Hampshire's Dr. Terry Bennett, speaking to an overweight patient who sued him, said: "Let's face it, if your husband were to die tomorrow, who would want you? Well, men might want you, but not the types you want to want you. Might even be a black guy."

Rhymefest: Oh, a black guy might want her ... If her husband were to die ... Well, what white people look at as overweight, we look to as thick. And the thing about white girls is they may be thick, but they don't be thick like black girl thick. They be thick like white girl thick, which is flabby when you take the pants off, but I don't know. Any white person who says somebody is overweight, I got to question that.

SOHH.com: Let's move on to what Lil' Kim said about 50 Cent: "How can you still be angry at people, still want to come at people? You're making money, you're selling millions of records. You should do something with that leverage."

Rhymefest: I think if this were Star Wars, 50 Cent would be the Sith Lord. It's like, "Yeah, yo" cuz he's the Sith Lord who can rap. That's why (laughing). He controls everything and if he's the Sith Lord, Jay-Z would be Yoda and yeah, the Jedi Council, it looks like they're getting their ass kicked (laughing), so they better do something quick.

SOHH.com: (Laughing) Ok, but who would be Darth Vader?

Rhymefest: Lil' Jon (laughing), you know him and Lil' Jon would combine.

SOHH.com: That would be a great Darth Vader.

Rhymefest: It is Darth Vader. Like, "YEAH! MY PHONE RINGS MORE THAN YOURS DOES! OK!"

SOHH.com: (Laughing) Dude, that's great. Let's talk about your buddy Kanye West. Recently, he told Sway at MTV, "When I was in high school I got called 'fag' a lot because of the way I walked and other little things. And it made me kind of homophobic... But everyone in Hip-Hop discriminates against gay people. Not just in Hip-Hop, but America just discriminates. And I wanna just get on TV and tell my rappers, tell my friends, 'Yo, stop it.'" What do you think?

Rhymefest: Yeah, he asked me to stop discriminating and I looked at him crazy. Then we made the song "Brand New" because I didn't know who the fuck he was at that point (laughing).

SOHH.com: On our last SOHH Whatchusayin', we interviewed Juelz Santana and he said the following: "I'm hip because I'm hip, ya know what I'm sayin'? So some of these old ni99as who used to be hip, they watch ni99as like me and I be watching them jacking my hipness, ya dig? So I got to bring that to attention, ya know what I mean?" Whatcha think about that?

Rhymefest: I think he has learned how to rap. Now, he just needs a speech therapist because his sentences seem to be incoherent. Like, what the hell is that (laughing)? This is the reason young men should stay in school.

SOHH.com:Alabama State Senator Hank Erwin distributed a column to news outlets with his thoughts about Hurricane Katrina, so much as saying Katrina was God's Punishment. He wrote, "New Orleans and the Mississippi Gulf Coast have always been known for gambling, sin and wickedness. It is the kind of behavior that ultimately brings the judgment of God." What's your opinion?

Rhymefest: Yeah, I guess I would accept that to be true and I would have to ask other questions as well. Like 9/11. What was that? Is everything that happens to white people that bad a punishment too? Oklahoma [City]. Is that God's punishment? Or all of the soldiers that die in Iraq? Is that our punishment? I guess everything is a punishment and a test. Sometimes, our burdens are our blessings and sometimes, we grow from them. I think instead of always complaining and looking at the bad side and using God as a way to justify a point, sometimes we can look at the bad things in life that happen and say, "This has happened. What can we do to make it better?" You know what I think? I think that although I say that, tragedy a lot of times makes people worse than better. Like, I don't know if slavery produced a better people, or the Holocaust produced a better people, or 9/11 produced a better people. Sometimes, it makes us worse because you get Israel who beats up on Palestine, black people that beat up on ourselves and America that beats up on countries that didn't bomb them. Although I think tragedy makes us better, the guy who makes this comment on how it makes us worse.

SOHH.com: I hear that. Brother Kenneth M. Hoagland, the principal of Kellenberg Memorial High School, a private Roman Catholic school in Long Island, NY, wrote a letter to parents explaining the reason why they cancelled their school's prom, which was because they were "willing to sponsor a prom, but not an orgy." What do you think about this?

Rhymefest: I don't know what that meant. I wonder if they have any history of Ogryisms (laughing). I wonder if they have a history at that particular place that wasn't ethical to what they wanted to sponsor. If so, if something happened the year before that, then I understand that. I don't want my little sister going to an orgy prom neither, and if not, maybe the kids should get together and have their own function. Fuck 'em.

SOHH.com: Is "Orgyism" a word?

Rhymefest: No, Orgyism is not a word, but this is Hip-Hop, we make our own terms or words or what you call it.

SOHH.com: The next quote is from "Jesus Walks." In a version of the song you rhymed these lyrics: "Sometimes I feel that God don't love me/Maybe the problem is that I don't love me." What do you mean by that?

Rhymefest: What I mean is like, it's not just representative of me. When I rhyme, I represent what the people feel and sometimes, we share feelings. I try expressing what's representative of the people. I think that the way we act, the things we do, when we go to the club to have a good time, a lot of times, sometimes the version of us having a good time is drinking and not being who we are, like forgetting who we are for a moment to go and be free. We can be free without something helping us out. We really don't know ourselves. A lot of women that hustle guys and try to get money and give sex and guys trying to have sex with every girl, that's not loving yourself. Sometimes, I feel like God don't love me and we blame God. We ask the same question Jesus asked when he was crucified. What's the problem in actuality, we are the problem.

SOHH.com: Right. I understand ya.

Rhymefest: You know, sometimes the questions you ask on the fly, if we're not articulate enough to answer them real quickly and cleverly, it comes out sounding like, "Yo, I'm hip because I'm hip and people jack me for my hipness, so the next time my hip bone is connected to my right bone, then I'll be even more hipper than the hip dude who was hip." Sometimes, it comes out like that, but it's not fair for me to say that I said Juelz needs to go back to school. Hmmm ... or shouldn't have dropped out. Nah, I think it is. Go ahead!

SOHH.com: (Laughing) Alright. Juelz's partner Cam'ron released a statement about his recent carjacking, "People are foolish if they think I'm going to lose my head and give up anything to anyone just because someone threatens me... It takes more than a botched carjacking to keep me down." What do you think?

Rhymefest: I think that's the most ignorant shit I have ever heard in my life. (Laughing) People are so, even rappers, man, they are so fuckin' funny, so concerned with being cool and not being soft. "Man, I would give up my life to not be soft!" You know what I'm sayin'? Dude, you own a fuckin' car. You should be smart enough to be insured. You know what I would say? Instead of saying I'm not giving up my car, why don't you say I'm not gonna pimp my community. I'm not gonna treat my women like shit. I'm not gonna take bad care of my kids. Don't we have better things to fight for than a Lamfuckinborgini? Hey, that's not a word either! (Laughing) But don't we have better things to fight for? That ain't honorable to me. I don't respect that and I ain't trying to "hate." All I'm saying is fight for your fuckin' people, fight for your soul, fight for what they're taking away from you in this industry. Fuck that car. Forget about that car. Damn, matter of fact, they probably need that car more than you do, so they can eat, cause you pimping them, really. And this ain't an attack on Cam'ron. I think he's a dope rapper. But like, I just think sometimes, as rappers, we are one-sided and ignorant in the things we fight for. There are bigger things to fight for and I don't respect how you won't get out of your Lamborghini if you're being shot at in Palestine, in Chicago, in the ghetto over $30. I was surprised he got shot though. Violence in the black community is not something I support, but I also think he got shot by a few of the mobsters he helped create.

SOHH.com: Ok, the last quote is from Damon Dash from BET's The Ultimate Hustler. He said, "There is the day your born and then there's the day you die. That dash in the middle that represents the life. Life is the Dash."

Rhymefest: I heard that and was like, "Yo, that was kind of prolific. That was deep." That was the first time I ever heard Damon Dash speak. And I want him to know, I want you to know and I want the readers to know is that the Dash doesn't mean you, but the things you do in between the life you lived. So speaking of that, not Damon Dash, but '77 til when you die or whatever, you got to give the most of that dash you take into life, the rate of life and I wonder who wrote that for him. If he thought of that of himself, then that is kinda tight.

SOHH.com: Wow... Anything you want to add?

Rhymefest: There is one more thing I want to say. There are two phrases that kill Hip-Hop and they kill our culture. One phrase is "Gotta get that money, man," because that means we don't care how we do it, who we hurt, who we kill, who we destroy. If what we doing as far as music is good or bad, as long as we make a profit. Damn, muthafuckas have to stop being dumb and ignorant. Another phrase that kills our culture, I knew this one was going to be trouble, is "You hatin' G, stop hatin' all that hate." "Hatin'" is a phrase to me that's used like communism was used in the '50s. Like if you say "hatin'," then that kills everything. Like, "Oh my God, you a hata', look at Rhyme, he's a hata'." Whatever happened to not liking something because it's not good? You know, if you told Big Daddy Kane and Rakim like, "Yo, I don't know dawg ... I think 'Check Out My Melody' could be better than that," somebody would be like, "No, you hatin', you hatin';" and we wouldn't have the inspiration that we have today. This is for all the readers. Don't let anybody crush your dissent. Dissent is what makes people grow. Pressure is what makes people grow. I'm under pressure and you should be under pressure. All these muthafuckas should be under pressure.

Don't hate on this Jedi. Check out his single "Brand New" and look out for his album Blue Collar dropping January 24.
nemo
Capitaine

Rhymefest news Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Rhymefest news   Rhymefest news EmptyMer 16 Nov - 18:42

ce mec est vraiment bon!

read and listen.
Ruffex
loup de mer
Ruffex

Rhymefest news Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Rhymefest news   Rhymefest news EmptyJeu 17 Nov - 21:55

nemo a écrit:
ce mec est vraiment bon!

read and listen.

c frais
nemo
Capitaine

Rhymefest news Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Rhymefest news   Rhymefest news EmptyLun 10 Avr - 15:48

Rhymefest news Rhymefest

1 - Dynomite (Going Postal) - Rhymefest
2 - Southside - Rhymefest, Mikkey, Twan Gabbz
3 - Gone - Kanye West feat. Rhymefest
Family Affair (Interlude)
4 - Tired of Playin' - Rhymefest, Twan Gabbz, Diamond
5 - L.S.D. (Lake Shore Drive) - Rhymefest feat. Carl Thomas
6 - Chicago-Rillaz - Rhymefest feat. Mikkey & Bump J
Gang Land (Intermission)
7 - Swing & Fest - Swing feat. Rhymefest
Napoleon Dynamite (Skit)
8 - My Beat - Rhymefest (Produced by Rhymefest)
9 - Tender Thug - Rhymefest & Mike Payne
10 - Steppers & Skaters - Twan Gabbz feat. Rhymefest
11 - Bump My Shit - Mikkey
12 - Still Singin' 2006 - Rhymefest
Plugg City Shout Outs
13 - Drifter - Rhymefest & Mikkey
14 - Flavors - Krillz, Trillogy, & Rhymefest
15 - Make It Better - Kanye West, Talib Kweli, Q. Tip, Common, Rhymefest
16 - Grind Mode - Mass Hysteria
17 - Sign of the Times - Prince feat. Rhymefest

Product Description
For those unfamiliar with Chicago MC Rhymefest, don't get it twisted.. this cat is no joke. Beating Eminem in a battle rap back in the day is his claim to fame, and he demonstrates his lyrical skills to the fullest on this bangin' mixtape. Puttin' the Chi on his back, 'Fest is definitely reppin' the Midwest hard and keepin' it real in the process.

Most recently and most notably, Rhymefest collaborated with Kanye West on the radio smash hit record "Jesus Walks," off the ground-breaking album The College Dropout. Rhymefest earned the Grammy Award for Best Rap Song, along with West, for co-writing the song.

Set to release his official debut album in May of this year, this mixtape gives you a little preview of what's in store for The Blue Collar MC in 2006. Featuring Kanye West, Talib Kweli, Common, Q-Tip, Bump J, No I.D., Twan Gabbz, Mikkey & more.

L'album enfin!!! Avec Lupe et Saigon, je pense que c'est le premier album que j'attend cette année.
Contenu sponsorisé

Rhymefest news Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Rhymefest news   Rhymefest news Empty

Rhymefest news
Page 1 sur 1