Nautilus Recordz
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Le forum du label sous marin. NAUTILUS RECORDZ. antipode, astronote, second hand dealers, spinna colada, blue album, nemo, touché coulé

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Fable ...
Voir le deal

Chino XL

2 participants
AuteurMessage
nemo
Capitaine

Chino XL Empty
MessageSujet: Chino XL   Chino XL EmptyJeu 8 Déc - 18:25

HE'S SAID TO BE HIP-HOP'S MISSING LINK: Chino XL Is Raising the Bar in the Rap Game!

Los Angeles, Ca -- The Wake Up Show’s Sway and King Tech prepare for the first official release of their new label by dropping west coast royalty. Famed Los Angeles rapper, Chino XL, due out early 2006 on Bolo Entertainment/Bungalo Records with Universal Distribution, sets the bar for the new hip-hop venture.

The East Coast bred rapper is finally stepping out on his own after years of traveling and performing alongside some of hip-hop’s most celebrated artists, from Afrika Bambaafaa and Ice-T to Mike Jones. Despite industry politics, as well as personal and professional setbacks, the rapper dubbed the Puerto Rican Superhero is back and ready to do battle.

As a veteran in the field, for years it’s been argued that Eminem won fame for a style that Chino XL created and with over 10 years in the game, Chino’s consistency as a masterful lyricist has garnered him legendary status as one of the best in metaphorical delivery hands down. Many of his lyrics have been placed in the “Source Quotables,” and featured frequently on Sway and Tech’s the Wake Up Show, an internationally syndicated radio show that plays his songs around the world. For over a decade music magazines and websites have noted the rapper as one of west coast’s elite. His music video (“Kreep”) was one of only four rap videos supported by MTV during the mid 1990’s (the other videos were by Biggie, Nas, and Lauryn Hill). With Fat Joe keeping Latin hip-hop alive and with the recent emergence of successful Latin artist including Lil’ Rob and Pitbull, Chino XL has returned to let everyone know that the original Puerto Rican Superhero is still fighting for hip-hop delivering the brutal truth through rhyme. As a precursor to his upcoming release, Chino XL recently appeared on the critically acclaimed “Back to Basics” compilation CD, produced by MTV’s Sway and King Tech. Chino XL also headlined in the album’s multi-city concert tour.

Chino continues to gain the respect and love of his fans and industry colleagues. With his newest and most anticipated project in the making, as well as the backing of his new label, Chino plans to live up to the expectations placed upon him locally and across the world. Originally discovered by Def-Jam’s co-founder, Rick Rubin, Chino represents authentic hip-hop. Chino was the first artist signed by Rubin, from a demo, since Public Enemy. “Chino reminded me of LL Cool J, said Rubin. Chino’s stage presence and undisputable good looks accompanied by his unsurpassed rhymes, keeps people asking for more! Check out his November feature in Rime Magazine for more exciting details on his return.

J'attends assez cet album d'un des mcs les plus underated la planète. Première signature du tout nouveau label de Sway & Tech en plus, c'est vraiment du bon!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://lescarnetsducaptainnemo.blogspot.com
nemo
Capitaine

Chino XL Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Chino XL   Chino XL EmptyJeu 8 Déc - 18:32

Chino XL C8260232wi4
Chino XL
Here to Save You All

Release Date :Apr 1996
Label :American
Time :68:40

Tracklist
01. Here To Save You All (B-Wiz)
02. Deliver (Chino XL / Kutmasta Kurt)
03. No Complex (Chino XL / B-Wiz)
04. Partner To Swing (Chino XL / B-Wiz)
05. It's All Bad (Chino XL / B-Wiz)
06. Freestyle Rhymes (Chino XL / Bird)
07. Riiot! -Chino XL-Ras Kass / Bird)
08. Waiting To Exhale (Chino XL–Ab-Style–Duganski–Raggedy Man / B-Wiz )
09. What Am I? (Chino XL / B-Wiz)
10. Feelin' Evil Again (Chino XL / B-Wiz)
11. Thousands (Chino XL / DJ Homicide)
12. Kreep (Chino XL / Erick Romero)
13. Many Different Ways (Chino XL / B-Wiz)
14. The Shabba-Doo Conspiracy (Chino XL-Kool Keith / B-Wiz)
15. Ghetto Vampire (Chino XL / B-Wiz)
16. Rise (Chino XL / Dan Charnas)

Review by Nathan Rabin
Years before Eminem began outraging parents and pop stars alike with his brutally funny lyrics, New Jersey's Chino XL was already making the musical world safe for brainy, tasteless battle-rappers with his enormously promising but little-remembered debut, 1996's Here to Save You All. As might be expected from a rapper who boasts about his SAT scores, Chino is both smart and eccentric, and like Eminem, he uses his razor-sharp wit to lyrically dismember everyone from Will Smith to Magic Johnson to Chubb Rock. Considering the similarities between Detroit's most notorious native son and Chino XL, it's no wonder Eminem-basher Evidence of Dilated Peoples has decried the sometimes Slim Shady as a "fake Chino XL." It's not an entirely fair criticism, but it does contain a grain of truth, particularly since, like Eminem, Chino has a tendency to alternate between gleefully mean-spirited black comedy with tortured, self-deprecating introspection. "It's All Bad" is undoubtedly the album's most elaborate, ambitious, and unusual song, beginning like a typical rags-to-riches narrative but taking a detour into a surreal theoretical universe where Chino's a huge, coke-addled mega-star whose career and life are both falling apart before his eyes. "Who Am I" smartly and sensitively addresses the complexities, frustrations, and ambiguities of Chino's mixed-race heritage, while "Kreep" borrows the chorus of Radiohead's breakthrough hit in dramatizing the ins and outs of a dysfunctional relationship. The same overbearing force of personality that makes Chino a hero to some will undoubtedly turn off others, but for the most part, Here to Save You All is one of the most distinctive and underrated debuts in hip-hop history.

Dernière édition par le Ven 9 Déc - 13:43, édité 1 fois
nemo
Capitaine

Chino XL Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Chino XL   Chino XL EmptyVen 9 Déc - 11:50

Don't Sleep!! Personne ne soutient Chino par ici?
nemo
Capitaine

Chino XL Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Chino XL   Chino XL EmptyVen 9 Déc - 13:44

Chino XL : Here to save you all
Chino XL Chinocl-heretos

"Now who wanna diss to get they reps a little bigger/How many bitches wanna fuck this yellow nigga/You get your whole crew cut like a scissor/Watch this world shake from the album I deliver"

Le refrain de 'Deliver', backé par une délicieuse voix féminine, met tout de suite l'auditeur au parfum : sexisme, humour noir, vulgarité et prétention extrême, rien ne lui sera épargné au sein de "Here to save You All", premier album de Chino XL, MC du New Jersey au physique colossal (ce qui ne doit pas être inutile quand on va aussi loin dans la provocation).

Car Chino ferait passer Tim Dog pour un monument d'humilité : il injurie, menace, et crache sur à peu près tout le monde, au sein du rap et hors de celui-ci, lançant ainsi une mode qui donnera à Eminem la popularité qu'on lui connaît (le MC de Detroit sera même qualifié de "fake Chino XL" par Evidence, lors de leur beef). Tout le monde y passe, d'Oprah Winfrey à Will Smith, de Puff Daddy à Brandy. Pas beaucoup de gens respectables aux yeux de Chino sur notre vieille planète, et l'on finit par se demander si le titre de l'album est réellement à considérer au second degré.

Mais qu'importe. Chino XL s'illustre tout simplement comme le battle MC parfait, disposant d'un flow incisif à l'extrême, très technique, et, bien évidemment, de rimes ingénieuses et brutales, flirtant allégrement avec les limites du bon goût : "Clear the runways, cause I'ma make you rappers my examples/Avoiding battling me like I'm Eazy-E's blood samples" ('Deliver').

L'autoproclamé "King of punchline" montre rapidement que son titre n'est en rien usurpé. Les thèmes des morceaux ne deviennent d'ailleurs généralement plus que de vagues souvenirs au bout de quelques mesures, laissant place à une avalanche de phrases chocs : "My style is welfare, half of you bitches is on it" ('Deliver') ; "I show more blind rage/Than Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles wrestling in a steel cage" ('Freestyle Rhymes') ; "Your style's too old to do me like Aaliyah and R. Kelly" ('No Complex').

Le MC prend également le soin de donner de lui une image inquiétante et ténébreuse, en empruntant souvent le champ lexical de l'horreur et de l'épouvante, comme dans l'excellent 'Ghetto Vampire', qui prouve que son écriture peut se faire dense et cohérente si nécessaire : "New heights, where it's so dark you need candlelights/To expose the black plague my left hand writes/Nights enveloping and developing pictures in your brain/like a darkroom, in every monestary where I spark boom".

Autre rare morceau où Chino se tient réellement à un thème précis, 'What Am I ?' raconte la difficulté de grandir en tant que métisse Afro-Américain/Latino, en faisant face au rejet des communautés hispanique, noire et blanche. Pas d'idées révolutionnaires ou de démagogie, juste des mots simples et un récit bien mené, parfaitement dans le ton global de l'album : " See what I lacks in melanin I makes up wit adrenalin".

Les productions, assurées essentiellement par B-Wiz, paraissent, bien que correctes, quelque peu inférieures au niveau du MC : dans l'ensemble en effet, les instrumentaux sont sans réel relief ni grand intérêt en eux-mêmes. B-Wiz et les autres intervenants à la conception sonore se sont contentés de mettre en place un cadre approprié au registre de Chino, créant des beats oppressants et nerveux, à renfort de lourdes lignes de basses et de nappes de violons angoissantes. Les productions de 'Deliver' ou de 'No Complex' restent d'indéniables réussites, mais on aurait globalement aimé un support moins stéréotypé et plus riche musicalement.

Cela permet néanmoins à l'auditeur de ne pas se détourner de la prestation de Chino, et de s'incliner devant celle-ci : le flow, souvent off-beat, est d'une grande fluidité, régulièrement ponctué d'accélérations impressionnantes. Et quand les productions sont de bonne tenue, on ne peut qu'apprécier : 'Deliver', 'Ghetto Vampire' et 'No Complex' sont les meilleurs moments d'un album de haute volée, premier jet méconnu d'un MC épatant.

Être un MC de East Orange, New Jersey, et ne pas avoir de grands noms parmi ses connections au sein du rap game avait toutefois restreint d'emblée la notoriété potentielle de Chino XL. Tant mieux, il ne se sera pas fait manger par les petits cochons comme tant d'autres. Toutefois, ni lui ni nous n'y trouverons notre compte : son troisième album, "Poison Pen", annoncé pour 2004, n'a toujours pas vu le jour…

Kiko, le 22/10/2005

http://www.abcdrduson.com/chroniques/chronique.php?id=590
nemo
Capitaine

Chino XL Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Chino XL   Chino XL EmptyVen 9 Déc - 14:07

Chino XL 'Beastin'' featuring Killah Priest

Tiré de 'Poison Pen'
ngrims
marin chevronné
ngrims

Chino XL Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Chino XL   Chino XL EmptyVen 9 Déc - 14:12

nemo a écrit:

J'ai ce LP "Here to save..." mais pour être honnete ca casse quand meme pas trois pates a un canard !
Il y a un ou deux très bon morceaux mais le reste est loin d'être génial.

En espérant que la suite sera meilleur...

Peace Wink
nemo
Capitaine

Chino XL Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Chino XL   Chino XL EmptyVen 9 Déc - 14:14

ngrims a écrit:
nemo a écrit:

J'ai ce LP "Here to save..." mais pour être honnete ca casse quand meme pas trois pates a un canard !
Il y a un ou deux très bon morceaux mais le reste est loin d'être génial.

En espérant que la suite sera meilleur...

Peace Wink

bah oui les prods ne sont pas excellentes, ce qui tue vraiment c'est le mc!
nemo
Capitaine

Chino XL Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Chino XL   Chino XL EmptyVen 23 Déc - 11:51

CHINO XL TO DELIVER 'POISON PEN': Issues Statement About The Year to Come

Hiphop legend Chino XL is slated to finally release his long-awaited “Poison Pen” album on January 31. The noteworthy, highly inspired, two-disc set has been in the works now for almost two years, during which time, Chino says he has sifted through offers that have been made to him by those including Dr. Dre at his Aftermath label, and from members of G-Unit.

Chino’s “Poison Pen” release is comprised of 18 tracks (including 2 bonus tracks), featuring special collaborations with Killah Priest (Wu Tang), the Beatnuts, Proof of Eminem’s group D-12, and other featured special guests.

The two-CD package is available in a Limited Edition Silver Metallic Foil Cover, enhanced with extras that include a music video and two hidden bonus tracks (including the dramatic buzz track “Nunca”), each one personally autographed with a silver ‘poison’ pen by Chino XL, himself. A special link is included in the album, wherein CD purchasers may insert their disc in their computer drive, upon which they will receive more extras that surround Chino’s sometimes controversial lyrics that are quite often the subject of discussion by hiphop fans. The second disc is a Special DJ MIX version of the album by L.A.’s Power 106 Mr. Choc, in which Chino also recounts stories behind the making of the tracks, and the soul searching he did when recording this introspective new album. “This is me at my most honest, most heartfelt and most uncompromising when it comes to what’s on my mind,” says Chino.

Despite the offers he has received from major labels, the New Jersey born Chino says he is proud to be free and independent, and that was a major consideration when releasing the album, which is being released by the Activate label. “Poison Pen” is a passionately made artistic statement from Chino, who says he refused to be subjected to any outside censorship or control by major label execs. “We gave Chino a budget, and let him do his thing,” says Jay Warsinske, Activate label head who is releasing the album worldwide. Warsinske adds, “Chino delivered an unfiltered, mindbending stream of consciousness statement built on strong songs and hooks.”

Comprised of all new songs from Chino, this dramatic, undiluted and daringly bold, essential album includes “Wordsmith,” “Beastin’” (featuring Killah Priest), which was produced by Carlos Bess, the soon-to-be-neo-classic “Even If It Kills Me” (about the perils of the rap lifestyle, produced by One Eye (Ice Cube, Ruff Ryders), “Don’t Fail Me Now” (featuring Psycho Les of the Beatnuts, Sin Gutta, produced by Byrd), “Can’t Change Me,” and the leadoff track, “All I Wanna Do…(Bout Nothin’). The limited edition signed collectors package is limited to the first run and will be available January 31, 2006.

Chino says, "I hope that in the New Year, hiphop will regain a certain amount of integrity in the current overly corporate state of affairs. Hopefully, we will be able to focus on the artistry again. The machine should not be larger than the architects who create the music."

Additional background, including booking information on Chino XL’s upcoming “Poison Pen” Tour is available at http://www.chinoxlpoisonpen.com.
Contenu sponsorisé

Chino XL Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Chino XL   Chino XL Empty

Chino XL
Page 1 sur 1